It can take up 15 days for a business license to be approved. Much of the time line depends on the applicant scheduling the necessary inspections.
THE FOLLOWING INSPECTIONS* MAY BE NECESSARY IN ORDER FOR A BUSINESS LICENSE TO BE ISSUED:
- Business Licensing Department: DOPL Licensing, DABC Licensing, State tax number, Department of Commerce registration, ownership information.
- Building Safety Department: Electrical, gas, mechanical, plumbing, structure, ADA accessibility, temporary power applications.
- Fire Department: Fire extinguisher, smoke detector(s), carbon monoxide detector(s), exit signs, storage & disposal of hazardous materials, indoor & outdoor access for customers, employees, & emergency services.
- Planning & Zoning Department: Zoning & land use compliance, setbacks, parking and access, customer traffic, signage.
- Environmental Department: Pretreatment system (sewer), solid wast disposal (garbage), storage & disposal of hazardous waste, other utility-related issues.
*Please note it is the applicant's responsibility to schedule all the necessary inspections.
SPECIAL EVENT APPLICATIONS MAY ALSO NEED APPROVAL FROM THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENTS:
- Streets Department: Use of city streets, security plan, including flaggers if crossing intersections
- Police Department: Requests for police assistance for security and/or certified flaggers is crossing intersections.
- Parks & Recreation Department: Proposed use of City parks, park booking